If you’d like to import the posts and pages and images from the Utility Pro Demo site, you can do that!
Finding The XML File
First you need to download the file. It has an XML extension and you download it here.
How To Import The Demo File
- Go to Tools => Import while logged in to your Admin Dashboard.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the file you downloaded above.
- You will be asked to map the authors in the export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- WordPress will import each of the posts, comments, and categories into your blog.
The purpose of the demo content is to setup your homepage widgets and watch the theme come together like the demo site. In addition, if you look a little closer at the post and page content, you will see a wealth of information. They are basically short tutorials on how to use the built-in theme styling to achieve a variety of looks.